serenaajoyce

A fashion and lifestyle blog by Serena Javens

The Sweater Dress You Need for Fall



Leaves are almost done falling, and the temperatures are dropping, which can only mean we're in full swing of sweater dress and boots season! I know we are just about midway into Fall, but Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and I couldn't help but to want to share this dress with y'all which I will be wearing to my boyfriend's living/dining room. (LOL) This fall it's all about the chunky knits, and what better way to share the trend than by wearing it in dress form!

I saw so many sweater dresses I loved this season so far from many different retailers, but I'm the type where I want to buy staple pieces for the most part, not super trendy pieces. I want something I know I'm going to be able to wear for seasons to come, and it won't be out of style. Although, this dress was pricier than all the other dresses that have been on my wishlist, I snagged this one during American Eagle's 31% off Halloween sale. If you hurry, you can use code "LOVEIT" to snag it for 20% off tonight! Love finding great pieces that won't break the bank!

This season I've discovered I've been wanting a thick, straight-line silhouette dress with a cozy turtleneck. I've been drawn to this look, and I'm so excited to share it with you!










This dress comes in a beautiful caramel color as well, but I went with the off white because I like to shop neutrals first before I grab the item in another color. The beautiful cable-knit detail of the dress adds a sophisticated pop, and enables it not just be your average sweater dress. One of the surprises to me about this dress was how soft the material actually was! I didn't think it was going to be itchy, but I thought the fabric would be a little bit more rough than it turned out! It's not quite the chenille fabric that everyone is loving lately, but I would say it feels close, and has a similar vibe. That's a huge plus for me! The ribbed detail throughout finishes the dress off perfectly and gives you just another gorgeous feature to draw your eyes. This can be found on the collar, cuffs, and hem.

I decided to also pair it with over these over the knee boots from Reddress Boutique. The price is awesome, and they don't fall down! Over the knee boots are the only shoe I will wear with a sweater dress!


I hope you loved this dress as much as I did, and feel you need to add it to your wardrobe! 100% recommend. Thank you for reading!


SHOP THE POST:









6 comments

  1. That is such an adorable sweater dress! I really wish I'd checked out the 31% off sale over the weekend, but yay for 20%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I actually love the color of this! It's the perfect balance of cream/oatmeal. Love the length too.
    -Austen
    http://www.keepcalmandchiffon.com/blog/11/5/how-to-layer-camisoles-for-autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this sweater dress! so cute and perfect for fall!

    xx Shirley
    http://www.classifiedcloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, this is so cute! I absolutely adore sweater dresses. This looks so good on you. Also - love your blog. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sweater dress is SO cute! Plus it really will be perfect for Thanksgiving... so cozy!

    xoxo, Cecilia // sunnysidececilia.com

    ReplyDelete